Music Teacher, Shenyang/Benxi, Liaoning province, China
Our client is the most comprehensive and largest academic and educational institution in China, domestically, operating more than 130 educational institutions. Internationally, the Group has student exchanges with over twenty universities in Britain, Japan, Korea the United States, and others.
In September 2018 they entered the international school sector with a Primary to 12 International Boarding School, which aims to integrate international education with Chinese values via a bilingual curriculum.
Located on a sprawling campus, teachers teach in brand-new modern facilities to create an inquiry-based approach and bilingual learning environment. They are a young school in search of faculty with the vision to shape it into a robust program for the future.
With a current enrolment of 80 with 101 students for next semester, the purpose-built school offers facilities to rival and even beat well known established bi-lingual schools. Full track and field including both grass and artificial football pitches, indoor sports hall, library, full science labs, etc. At full capacity they will be able to cater to 2,000 students.
For a mid August start, they are looking for a whole school (G1 - G12) Music Teacher.
As the Music Teacher, you will be responsible for the school’s Music program, delivering a well-rounded, balanced and differentiated school-wide appropriate music curriculum, as well as contribute and grow the school’s extra-curricular programs and whole-school activities.
• Organize and direct musical performances
• Develop the school’s music program
• Implement school policies, guidelines, and curricula
• Develop students English language competency
• Work collaboratively with other teachers and TA to develop common unit plans and assessment
• Boarding duties once a week
• Engage in dialogue with the parents and other members of the community
• Represent the school at events, open days, and workshops
• At least 2 years’ teaching experience
• At least 1 years’ experience teaching music and drama
• Degree in Education, Music, or related degree
• Whole school experience an asset
• A combination of experience, qualifications, and personal fit are considered in each candidate
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive salaries commensurate with experience
• Housing provided, meals subsidized
• Fully salaried summer and winter holidays
• Expatriation and Repatriation flights covered
• Additional yearly travel subsidized
• Relocation allowance, assistance, and temporary accommodation
• Work Visa and Resident Permit sponsorship
• Free tuition for 1 dependent
In return you will get to teach small class sizes of between 15 – 25 students, for a Chinese school teaching a bilingual curriculum, and as such would appeal to international teachers seeking a China experience, in a school with first-rate facilities.
If you have and want the above please register and apply here or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref.ZR32 in the subject line.
Please follow us on WeChat: JobsInEducation; Facebook and LinkedIn: Education Recruitment Experts and Twitter: Jobs_In_Edu for the latest mid - senior, executive level jobs in the education sector in China.