Primary Homeroom Teacher, Shenyang / Benxi, Liaoning province, China
Our client is the most comprehensive and largest academic and educational institution in China, domestically, operating more than 130 educational institutions. Internationally, the Group has student exchanges with over twenty universities in Britain, Japan, Korea the United States, and others.
In September 2018 they entered the international school sector with a Primary to 12 International Boarding School, which aims to integrate international education with Chinese values via a bilingual curriculum.
Located on a sprawling campus, teachers teach in brand-new modern facilities to create an inquiry-based approach and bilingual learning environment. They are a young school in search of faculty with the vision to shape it into a robust program for the future.
The purpose-built school offers facilities to rival and even beat well known established bi-lingual schools. Full track and field including both grass and artificial football pitches, indoor sports hall, library, full science labs, etc. At full capacity they will be able to cater to 2,000 students.
For an August start, they are looking for Primary homeroom English teacher
As the Primary homeroom teacher, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the classroom together with the Chinese Homeroom teacher, foreign teachers are well-supported with resources and leadership guidance to facilitate their student’s English language acquisition.
- Prepare, teach, assess, and provide feedback to students
- Report to the head of department on academics and students progress
- Ensure educational standards are met according to the school’s aims and vision
- Effectively implement the curriculum and assessment criteria as set out by the school
- Work collaboratively with other subject group members to develop common unit plans and assessment strategies, share resources, etc,
- Assist with rotating evening duties 18:30 – 20:30 once every 2 weeks
- Participate in regular faculty, parent-teacher, and professional development meetings
- Represent the school at events, open days, workshops, as well as any media events
- PGCE or a BA in Education, Linguistics, or Early Childhood Education
- Already inside China
- Primary trained or primary experience teachers preferred
- Native level English speaker
- 2 years of experience in a structured curriculum
- A combination of experience, qualifications, and personal fit are considered in each candidate
Compensation and Benefits
- 240,000 – 300,000 CNY Competitive salary commensurate with qualification and experience
- Housing provided, meals subsidised
- Fully salaried summer and winter holidays
- Expatriation and Repatriation flights covered
- Additional yearly travel subsidy - 8,000
- Relocation allowance, assistance, and temporary accommodation
- Work Visa and Resident Permit sponsorship
- Free tuition for 1 dependent
In return you will get to teach small class sizes of between 10 – 15 students, for a Chinese school teaching a bilingual curriculum, and as such would appeal to international teachers seeking a China experience, in a school with first-rate facilities.
If you have and want the above please register and apply here or email your CV to email@example.com quoting Ref. ZR22.
Please follow us on WeChat: JobsInEducation; Facebook and LinkedIn: Education Recruitment Experts and Twitter: Jobs_In_Edu for the latest mid - senior, executive level jobs in the education sector in China.